• transit.jpg
 
ODOT-web-ready-100.jpg
LACRPC Member Jurisdictions:
web-ready-county-logo2.jpg
limaOhio2.gif

    Delphos.jpg

bluffton.gif

 

spencervilleOH.gif

 

  wrAmandatwplogo.jpg

 American-Twp.jpg

shawnee-indian.jpg

Shawnee  

Township

 elida.jpg

 

   

Perry

Township    

 

The member jurisdictions below do not have webpages; click on the desired jurisdiction for contact information.

   Auglaize Township

   Bath Township

   Jackson Township

   Marion Township   

   Monroe Township

   Richland Township

   Spencer Township

   Sugar Creek Township

   Village of Beaverdam

   Village of Cairo 

130 West North Street
Lima, Ohio 45801-4311
Phone: (419) 228-1836
Fax: (419) 228-3891

Specialized Transportation Program

The Ohio Department of Transportation recently announced the 2014 Sprecialized Transportation Program.  The program, funded by the Federal Transit Administration, Section 5310, provides capital grants for the purchase of vehicles and equipment by private, non-profit agencies or state approved coordination projects.  The federal legislation was enacted to help local communities meet the special transportation needs of elderly individuals and individuals with diabilitites,  enabling them to remain productive members of the community by offering transportation alternatives where existing transportation services are unavailable, insufficient, or inappropritate.

Funds are available each year and are distributed through a competivitve application process. While the Program provides 80% of the costs of capital items; the remaining 20% must be provided by local funding.  In addition, participating agency services must be part of a Locally Developed Coordinated Public Transit - Human Services Transportation Plan.   There are two types of applicants - those from urbanized areas and those from non-urbanized (rural) areas.  In 2013, the were 96 Specialized Transportation Program awards to 83 agencies in 36 counties across Ohio. 

To participate in ODOT's Specialized Transportation Program, full application packets must be submitted to ODOT not later than March 21, 2014.  However, public notice of the application must be completed by March 7, 2014. The deadline for full application packets to be submitted to the LACRPC is March 1, 2014.

The application packet is available at this link . . .

http://www.dot.state.oh.us/Divisions/Planning/Transit/Documents/Programs/Specialized/2014
Specialized Transportation Program Application.doc