An entry level planning position. Responsibilities include a variety of planning projects involving the collecting, recording, summarizing, and interpreting of social, economic, geographic traffic and engineering data, report writing, and information management. Responsibilities also include assisting senior professional staff in day-to-day programmatic activities, preparing materials for senior staff members and participating in public information and educational awareness campaigns.
Required Training and Experience:
The position requires the successful completion of a Bachelor’s degree in planning (or related field). One (1) year experience in a public planning agency or in a related field with two (2) years of progressively responsible experience is preferred; OR any equivalent combination of relevant training and experience. The position requires the possession of a valid State of Ohio motor vehicle operator’s license.
Required Knowledge and Skills:
Basic understanding of maps and an appropriate combination of education, technological skills and experience. Familiarity with topographic, planimetric and various other maps used in planning functions useful. Ability to use PC-based word processing, spreadsheet and database software packages; GIS experience is preferred. Solid understanding of census information, the ability to selectively gather and evaluate planning information valuable to compiling land use, zoning, housing, and transportation reports. The position requires strong communication skills, both oral and written; and, a willingness to establish a strong repour with local educators and public officials through public speaking events. The ability to work harmoniously with staff members, Commission members and the general public.
Description of Duties:
* Perform necessary fieldwork as assigned.
* Conduct traffic counting and surveillance activities.
* Assist with Floodplain Regulation information requests.
* Provide census data information upon request.
* Assist in the land division process.
* Assist in the implementation of public information and education campaign activities.
* Assemble needed materials and supplies for programmatic events.
* Assist in public educational events.
* Prepare and personally deliver age-appropriate educational messages to local student population.
* Compile pertinent program information from available sources including fieldwork.
* Assist with report writing as directed by senior professional staff members.
* Attend meetings as assigned.
* Other tasks as assigned by the Executive Director
If interested send cover letter and resume to:
email@example.com by May 14, 2021