In December 2022, the Executive Committee voted to merge the Citizen’s Advisory Committee (CAC) and the Citizen’s Accessibility Advisory Committee (CAAC) going forward and adjust their meeting schedule to a quarterly and as-needed basis to meet on the fourth Tuesday of the month at 10 am in the LACRPC conference room located at 130 W. North Street, Lima, OH.
Going forward all CAC/CAAC agendas, minutes, and notices will be recorded on the Citizen’s Advisory Committee page.
The Citizens’ Accessibility Advisory Committee was established to support and promote coordinated transportation services for the residents of Allen County. The Committee is comprised of leaders within current local transportation initiatives, though not a comprehensive list, included are the Allen County Council on Aging, Lima-Allen County Regional Transit Authority, Area Agency on Aging, Clymer Medical Transport, Family & Children First Council, Lima Allen County Council on Community Affairs, Delphos Senior Citizens, Allen County Board of Developmental Disabilities, Job & Family Services, and Children’s Developmental Center. To reach the goal of coordinated services, the committee works to:
- increase options for travel within and between Allen County area communities;
- improve access to educational opportunities, medical services, social supports, and jobs;
- increase the number of people served and the number of rides provided with existing resources;
- reduce duplication and fragmentation in the administration, planning, funding, and delivery of transportation services;
- increase and sustain the safety of state-supported transportation services; and
- increase local efforts that maximize the use of existing resources.